Hi there Minion Master faithful. We’ve just unleashed the latest alpha build for the community to play! This is the first time the game uses the Online Deck Builder–so you’ll need to head over and make a MinionMaster.com account to get started. If you’re already an Alpha player, you should have received an email with all the pertinent instructions.
For those of you who have yet to pre-order, you can still make a Minion Master account and join in the forums!
Here is a truncated list of all the changes you’ll find in this month’s build:
- ! You must now log in to use the Deck Builder. Create your account at http://www.minionmaster.com/
- + New horror minions! Say hello to the Werewolf, Peasant, Spider, and Slasher
- + New Werewolf & Spiders deck!
- + New cards! Attack Slowpokes, Mob Slowpokes, Full Moon, Perma-Wolf, Blood Moon, Call of the Wild, Lunar Eclipse, Silk of Steel, Summon Slasher, Summon Spider, and Summon Werewolf
- + Lots of new card art for horror cards
- ! Minion Master now has an installer
- ! Combat results are now displayed using a new “Pips” system. The actual roll and chance to hit are displayed in the new Combat Log
- ! Knight Plains Bonus tile synergy now grants +2 Movement instead of +10 Defense
- + Added new Tactics, Attack Minion, Defend Minion, and Position Tile Synergy.
- ! A Zombie which respawns after getting killed now has a one-round Resurrection Sickness debuff applied. Thanks to Zac for the suggestion!
- + Added Combat Log. Press ‘L’ to toggle it on or off
- – Minion Master executable and installer is now digitally signed
- – Color palette for tiles has been muted somewhat to bring out the minions
- – Changed center indicator for Level Editor to include a compass
- – Minion IDs are now displayed on the upper-left Minion Stats panel
- – Numpad Enter can now be used (along with Return) to commit cards
- – Fixed Card Frame and Tile Info flickering when the mouse is outside of the drawable area in resolutions that letterbox horizontally
- – Fixed using the mouse wheel to scroll the list of Tiles in the level editor also zooming the camera
- – Fixed the “Start Game” button being disabled if the player’s deck was empty until you change the level
- – Fixed certain tweening animations getting stuck at very high framerates
- – Fixed action text on some Horror cards
- – Fixed a UI-related memory leak
- – Fixed a loophole that would allow you to clear Summoning Sickness on a minion by upgrading or otherwise replacing it
- – Fixed a crash in Resurrection card if the target minion was a Zombie Brute or a Wraith
- – Fixed transparency on the Berzerk icon
- – Fixed state indicators not occluding properly
- – Fixed Tile Synergies not getting applied properly when a Minion is first spawned.
- – Fixed teleport locations not being validated.
- – Fixed numpad . and / not working.
- – Fixed an issue which would cause long-running games to slow down severely, and also caused long delays when going back to the main menu from a game.
- – Fixed state display not scrolling at very high framerates.
- – Fixed incorrect stacking of Shaman buffs.
- – Fixed splashes of green on the Sorceress icon.
- – Fixed incorrect calculations in Weakest Line tactic.